5xxx aluminum plate belongs to the more commonly used alloys. The main alloying element is magnesium and the magnesium content is between 3-5%. It can also be called aluminum-magnesium alloy. 5083 cast aluminum plate belongs to the hot rolled aluminum plate. The hot rolling enables the 5083 aluminum sheet have high corrosion resistance and fatigue resistance.
The hot rolling is to undergo more than 90% thermal deformation. During the process of large plastic deformation, the internal structure has undergone multiple recovery and recrystallization, and the coarse grains in the casting state are broken and the micro-cracks are healed, so the casting defects can be significantly improved.
Types of hot rolled products
1. Hot-rolled thick plates: It refers to the aluminum plates with a thickness of not less than 7.0 mm. The main varieties are hot-rolled plates, annealed plates, quenched or quenched pre-stretched plates. The traditional process is: ingot homogenization - milling surface - heating - hot rolling- cut to size- straightening.
2. Hot-rolled aluminum coil: Aluminum and aluminum alloy sheets and strips with a thickness of less than 7.0 are usually produced by hot-rolled coils.
Hot rolling Process of 5083 aluminum plate
1. Preparation before hot rolling includes ingot quality inspection, soaking, sawing, milling, aluminum coating and heating.
2. During semi-continuous casting, the cooling rate is very high, the diffusion process in the solid phase is difficult, and the ingot is easy to have uneven structure, such as intragranular segregation.
3. When there are defects such as segregation, slag inclusion, scarring and cracks on the surface of the ingot, milling should be carried out. It is an important factor to ensure good surface quality of the finished product.
4. The hot rolling of aluminum alloy ingots is to provide billets for cold rolling, or to directly produce thick plates in hot rolled state.
Quzhou Aoyin Metal Materials Co. Ltd
Engaged in the Aluminum & Steel industry since 2007, Quzhou Aoyin Metal Materials ., Co Ltd is an integrated aluminum & steel with major operations in export process .